25 September 2011

Epic Fail








Book Details

Author: Claire Lazebnik
Reading level: Young Adult
Paperback: 304 pages
Publisher: HarperTeen (August 2, 2011)
Language: English

Book Summary

Will Elise’s love life be an epic win or an epic fail?

At Coral Tree Prep in Los Angeles, who your parents are can make or break you. Case in point:

As the son of Hollywood royalty, Derek Edwards is pretty much prince of the school—not that he deigns to acknowledge many of his loyal subjects.

As the daughter of the new principal, Elise Benton isn’t exactly on everyone’s must-sit-next-to-at-lunch list.

When Elise’s beautiful sister catches the eye of the prince’s best friend, Elise gets to spend a lot of time with Derek, making her the envy of every girl on campus. Except she refuses to fall for any of his rare smiles and instead warms up to his enemy, the surprisingly charming social outcast Webster Grant. But in this hilarious tale of fitting in and flirting, not all snubs are undeserved, not all celebrity brats are bratty, and pride and prejudice can get in the way of true love for only so long.

Book Review

Epic Fail is one of the most funny, witty and cutest YA story I have read so far.  I have really no idea that this was a modern Pride and Prejudice story until a friend told me – but nevertheless I haven’t got the time to compare until I finished the book because once you have started reading it, you are never going to put it down.

Set in the first person tone, the heroine of the story, Elise (sounds like ELIZabeth) is a great kid, she is smart and clever. I like her and her sister Juliana – as well their relationship to their family. Their parents tried their best to install moral values to their children and though sometimes, I do think their rules are over the edge, it was glad to know that their children tried their best in following the rules. You will fall in love with Derek as well: hunk, aloof and a wonderful brother – who wouldn’t?  Chase was also a charmer while her sister Chelsea is the one you couldn’t help to hate.

As a whole, I loved and enjoyed reading Epic Fail, it may not be the novel that could move my soul or make me cry, but it just made me feel better. Epic Fail is a nice and delightful book – I would suggest it to my friends who’d like a quick and light read.




Favorite Quotes

Normalcy is a lie invented by advertising agencies to make the rest of us feel inferior.


Reviewed by


No comments:

Post a Comment