16 October 2011

The OC’s list of almost anything: 10 of my favorite series



Harry Potter Series (JK Rowling)
I started when I was in high school, after I watched the first Harry Potter movie. After seeing such a different and magical world, I decided I should get my hands on these series. Completed my books, loved each one of them, but I never liked the movies. It never gave justice to the books.
1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (1997)
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (1998)
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (1999)
4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2000)
5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2003)
6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2005)
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (2007)

The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins)
I didn’t read the book first because of the cover, a friend of mine recommended this when I didn’t have anything to read and I was totally hooked. It is an urban fantasy – one of the firsts I have ever read. I fell in love with Peeta. I was just glad that the three books were already published before I started reading.
1. The Hunger Games (2008)
2. Catching Fire (2009)
3. Mockingjay (2010)
It's a boxed set, and still inside the box. I just couldn't open it.
Millennium Trilogy (Stieg Larsson)
I haven’t finished the trilogy. YET. But I have loved the first book and looking forward to read the rest. I’m crossing my fingers they’re worth it.
1. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2008)
2. The Girl Who Played with Fire (2009)
3. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest (2009)


Bridgerton Series (Julia Quinn)
Julia Quinn is one of my favorites Historical Romance author. I love the Bridgerton series because it has plots I have never encountered in other historical romances before. I love the way she writes and depicts her characters. You see someone different from everyone every time you open a book. Eight Bridgerton Siblings, the first letters of their names starts with the first eight letters of the alphabet.
1. The Duke and I (2000) – MY FAVORITE!
2. The Viscount Who Loved Me (2000)
3. An Offer from a Gentleman (2001)
4. Romancing Mr. Bridgerton (2002)
5. To Sir Philip,with Love (2003)
6. When He Was Wicked (2004)
7. It's in His Kiss (2005)
8. On the Way to the Wedding (2006)

Percy Jackson Series (Rick Riordan)
I like the plot: Greek Mythology in the 21st century. I love this series because it was fun to read and go with Percy in their adventures. It refreshed my Greek Mythology lessons when I was in high school. It didn’t stop on the first book, the rest were also great reads!
1. The Lightning Thief (2005)
2. The Sea of Monsters (2006)
3. The Titan's Curse (2007)
4. The Battle of the Labyrinth (2008)
5. The Last Olympian (2009)
Some of these were gifts during my birthday.
Malory Series (Johanna Lindsey)
This is one of the most long-standing series I have ever read, started when my mother decided I can read this stuffs, I was in high school. Johanna Lindsey writes the best Historical Romance, poignant tales that can make or break your heart.
1. Love Only Once (1985)
2. Tender Rebel (1988)
3. Gentle Rogue (1990)
4. The Magic of You (1993)
5. Say You Love Me (1996)
6. The Present (1998)
7. A Loving Scoundrel (2004)
8. Captive of My Desires (2006)
9. No Choice But Seduction (2008)
10. That Perfect Someone (2010)

Courtship Wars Series (Nicole Jordan)
If you want to read hot, sensual mixed with great fiction – try reading Nicole Jordan.
1. To Pleasure a Lady (2008)
2. To Bed a Beauty (2008)
3. To Seduce a Bride (2008)
4. To Romance a Charming Rogue (2009)
5. To Tame a Dangerous Lord (2009)
6. To Desire a Wicked Duke (2010)

Hush Hush Series – Becca Fitzpatrick
I’m really not into Paranormal Romances – but when I bought this Series during a sale, and started reading it, I just couldn’t stop. Only problem is, I was left with a cliffhanger and the last book won’t be released until 2012.
1. Hush, Hush (2009)
2. Crescendo (2010)
3. Silence (2011) 

Westmoreland Series – Judith Mcnaught
I love Judith Mcnaught, most especially this series. She four different stories, each filled with raw passion and emotion.
1. A Kingdom of Dreams (1989)
2. Whitney, My Love (1984)
3. Until You (1986)
4. Miracles (1995) (in A Holiday of Love)


Calhaun Series – Nicholas Sparks
Too bad they killed Noah on the first movie, the Wedding is his best novel (in my opinion). If you want to read an emotional novel, the ones that can make you cry – try these titles.
1. The Notebook (1996)
2. The Wedding (2003)

No comments:

Post a Comment