11 October 2011

Passion


Get this book on Amazon

Book Details
Author: Lauren Kate
Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 432 pages
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers (June 14, 2011)
Language: English
Purchased from: National Bookstore (Robinsons Iloilo)

Book Summary

Luce would die for Daniel.

And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . . .

Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last.

Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history.

Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever.

Sweeping across centuries, Passion is the third novel in the unforgettably epic Fallen series.

Book Review

I didn’t write any reviews for TORMENT because the title says it all for the book – it was a torment. The whole book dragged me into finding the answers to which weren’t there. Don’t get me wrong, I loved reading Fallen. I thought it was a nice book, especially the cover. Yet, there was something still missing. I think I was deprived of certain things that should be there. Torment was a torment, but I expected more from Passion, because I thought it was the last book – well, it wasn’t. There is still Rapture coming in Spring of 2012 and I do hope it would be the last. Another book would really bring the whole series into pieces.

What made this book a disappointment are the plot holes and unnecessary time traveling. The author didn’t even bother to explain why she choose that certain point in history. I could commend the historical research because it was certainly great – but this is not a history book, right? In most pages of this book, you can see Luce being given some history lessons – she became an observer of her former incarnations. The romance is sort of sucked out of the story – which is a shame because the book is entitled Passion. I’m sorry to say but the two books after the fallen are the typical “filler book” in the series.

I am ready for the Fallen Series to end. Luce’s questions have been answered. What I am waiting for the last book is the resolution between the fight of good-vs-evil. I think there has been a shift of plot from the Luce-loves-Daniel love story to saving the world which spoiled the series. Why couldn’t it end on Passion, right? I haven’t learned anything about ‘Announcers’ rather you can summon it and can take you to places, I get introduced to ‘the scale’ which definitely made me more frustrated because there were really no explanations what in the world are they.  

The story was not that super terrible, a little disappointing but okay. I just wished she had gone “3D” in all her past lives so that there would be more emotions in the book rather than watching her watching all those past Luces. Yes, I will still read rapture and risk being frustrated because I’m dying to know how the story would FINALLY (?) end. 


Favorite Quotes

Sometimes beautiful things comes into our lives out of nowhere. - TORMENT
But that's the nature of risk, isn't it? You gamble everything on the slenderest of hopes. - Passion

Reviewed by

No comments:

Post a Comment