14 June 2012

Book Review: Rapture

Book Details
Author: Lauren Kate
Format: Kindle
Date Published: 06/12/2012

Summary:
The sky is dark with wings . . . .

Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again.

Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen.

For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters.

In the fight for Luce, who will win?

The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.



Review:


3/5


Finally, I AM DONE. I have been inserting books in between reads because I got bored. 

At first I thought the best thing there is was the cover - as usual Fallen Series has one of the best covers I have seen.

The first chapters bored me to death. The story didn't pick up until the last chapters of the book -- and there goes the bomb!! Explosive twist that had me dropped to my seat (well, not literally). This was the other guy they were talking about. And I thought I had it coming- only to be ultimately shock. Lucinda's first love? No, it was not Daniel. It was someone else. Not going to put any spoilers here (although I'm dying to). Amazing, Amazing, Amazing. 

I would have given it a 4 if the story wasn't a drag. I really like the first book of the series - the second and third were a blur. I read the fourth book because I'm dying to know the ending - how will this circus come to its final curtain call. What will happen to the characters? Will Daniel and Luce love conquer it all (those type of stuffs.)

Lauren Kate delivered well to end this series. It was almost disappointing before the surprising twist. The whole drag was ALMOST worth it.



Favorite Quotes
“I want you to know that I would do it all again. I will choose you every time.” 


“There is always some regret when we accept that love has moved away from us” 


“Was their love worth the erasure of the world and all its stories?” 


“Grief can choke you. It’s dangerous, something else you have to beat.” 


“This is why angels choose sides, why people join teams. It costs too much not to; it weighs too heavily to soldier on alone.” 


“Heartbreak is its own form of amnesia.” 


You must remember how to dream what you already know.”


“All that is good in Heaven and on Earth is made of love. Maybe that wasn’t your plan when you created the universe—maybe love was just one aspect of a complicated and brutal world.
But love was the best thing you made, and it has become the only thing worth saving. This war is not just. 
This war is not good. Love is the only thing worth fighting for.” 


“Fear is the only way to greet the devil.” 


“You have to stop loving me.
Because I stopped loving you.” 



“The best part was now. That was what she would take with her from her journeys through the ages: He was worth everything to her and she was worth everything to him. The only way to experience that deep level of their love was to enter each new moment together, as if time were made of clouds. And if it came down to it these next nine days, Luce knew that she and Daniel would risk everything for their love.” 


“Strangling is the most intimate way to kill someone,” 


“She would not stop until she beat the devil.” 


“Trust is a careless pursuit.” 


“Inspiration is an excuse for doing something you already want to do.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment