30 October 2012

Book Review: When Summer Ends

by Isabelle Rae

Book Description:
Chloe Henderson has never been one to break the rules or push the boundaries… but during her summer break, she and her friends use fake IDs to sneak into a club. It’s there that she meets handsome and alluring bartender, Will Morris. The pair hit it off immediately, growing closer with every passing day. But as with every summer, it has to end sometime. 

Chloe’s senior year approaches and there’s a shock in store when she returns to do her final year at school. Will is there too, but he’s not one of her fellow students…

A tale of forbidden love, broken hearts, friendship, and rivalry.


Book Review: 2/5

"He's sick, this whole situation is sick and illegal." 

EXACTLY!

Whew! Finally, I am so done with this novel. 

I am torn between hating it and loving it - but I guess, it's more of the former. Almost 2/3 of the novel had me:
some_text

I didn't like Chloe. I absolutely hated her as the story progresses. I guess she tried to shift her feelings and see other people - but she still failed and opted to follow her feelings even though its not right. I'm not saying that love should be logical all the time - but geez, the man is willing to wait for her! She knew the consequences of her actions - they were near detrimental, and still she followed her... hormones? Feelings? I'm not really sure anymore. It's exasperating.

And Will - OMG! I could have fall in love with you - and yet... tsk. tsk. tsk. He was the one with discernment, I think he should know better than to give in to his emotions. On the other hand, in fairness to him, he tried his best in ending the relationship, when he couldn't take it anymore, he was willing to wait for her. But then love...

Where did their minds go?

What I couldn't understand: seriously - they don't know each other's age? They have been going out for quite a while. 

Nonetheless - the support cast just wowed me. They are probably the best thing about this novel. If I hated the main characters that bad, I fell in love with the rest of the characters. 

I clearly love Nick - the ex boyfriend who became a very dear friend. He loves her, maybe not in the romantic way anymore. But he really cares and you can see that he's always there for her. If I have a guy best friend, I wanted him to be like Nick. 

Sam - is the life of this story. He brings all the fun, at the same time trouble - yet he saves them all from it. I like his character because he's just not a clown, but he has a good head on his shoulders as well. I wish Will had the same head. 

As the old adage tells: there is a right time for everything - and it doesn't exclude love.


Follow me :
Twitter : @nursechucha
or be my friend on GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment