23 July 2014

No Regrets by Claire Kent - Book Review


No Regrets Cover






Title: No Regrets
Author: Claire Kent
Expected Publication: July 22, 2014

On my last birthday, I made one vow for the year. Live with no regrets. Eleven months have passed, though, and nothing has changed. I still sleep alone, spend my life working, and never move out of my comfort zone.

Then the loss of my dog throws my whole life out of orbit, and I end up in bed with a very hot and slightly-too-young veterinarian, who has recently made a vow of his own. Live with no strings. Josh is more than happy to help me with the things I’ve been afraid to try. Semi-public sex. Spanking. Anal sex. He’s a willing partner for everything I’ve wondered about, as long as I don’t demand more.

He’s serious about his no-strings philosophy. As serious as I am about living with no regrets. I can’t help but fall for him, even though I know better. So my biggest regret might be a broken heart.
goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47
Buy Links:
Amazon - http://amzn.to/WvSaAM
Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/UlF8Es
B&N - http://bit.ly/UlFafG




No Regrets tells the story of Leslie, who decided to live her life without regrets, but found out she was still living her life as always. It was nearing her next birthday when she realized that she was still living alone, spending most of her time working, and in the safe comfort of her routine.

It took the death of her dog to had her life shift into a sudden 180. She met Josh, the sexy, young vet who turned her life upside down. If she vowed to have her life with no regrets, Josh vowed to have no strings attached in his life. He offered her sex - like she had never done it before. Experience things in her wildest fantasies, he'd be a willing partner, as long as there was no strings attached to it. They had chemistry, they were both compatible in and out of bed, together they were happy - but there would always be that wall dividing the both of them. Would Leslie be willing to take the risk, and let herself fall? Or would can she be able to separate her heart from it all?

Leslie has a big heart, and she deserves so much more. But nevertheless, I was glad she had that excitement in her life in the form of Josh. Perhaps it wouldn't be a problem if she has not fall. But who can resist this guy? He might have walls built around his heart, but he was great. He's not only amazing in bed, he too has a great, big compassionate heart and had been through a lot. Leslie was in a bad place when this novel started, but through the 'diversion', she was able to finally let go of the pain from the loss of her dog. Sometimes, Josh would frustrate me, there were times when he was about to open up, only to realize that he will once again up his walls. It took another painful event in his life for their relationship to change...

Claire Kent had me on my knees when I read Seven. It was short, but it was a great read. I was looking forward in reading No Regrets after reading the blurb. It piqued my interest and my curiosity. So just like any normal being, I need to feed on that curiosity. Yay. Just like Seven, No Regets was short, steamy, with a touch of romance and drama. It's one of those books which can be a perfect read on a rainy day. :)


 


Additional titles by Claire Kent


claire Kent

Claire has been writing romance novels since she was twelve years old. She has a PhD in British literature and, when she's not writing, she teaches English at the university level. She also writes contemporary romance under the pen name Noelle Adams.

Advance copy provided as exchange for an honest review.

love 2
 photo signature_zps54068e08.png

No comments:

Post a Comment