03 August 2014

Trapped by Beverley Kendall - Book Review


22251121


My life has turned out to be such a cliché. And not in a good way.

It’s not exactly Sixteen and Pregnant, but at eighteen my only advantage is a high school diploma. And if that’s not enough, the father—and I use that term loosely—couldn’t have hightailed it out of my life fast enough.

I thought I really knew him. Unfortunately, my boyfriend of three years transformed from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde once he realized his carefree, childless days would be coming to an end.

I’m over him now though. The real love of my life is chubby, has more gum than teeth, and stands a little over two feet tall. She may not have been planned, but I’ve never regretted having her. She is the center of my world.

A world that's been turned upside down when Mitch returns ready to earn the love and trust of the child he abandoned before birth.

Letting him into my daughter’s life is one thing but letting him back into mine isn't going to happen. Ever.

Now if only I can get my heart to heed the lessons of the past.
 photo add-to-goodreads-button3_zps6563a4df.png
Buy the Book:
Google Play - http://bit.ly/UUa1jB



She was the best thing that ever happened to me and I blew it.


To say that I fell in love with the Prequel of this book, The Trap would be a complete understatement.



I have been waiting for Trapped to be out, and I was glad I get the time to finally read this. 



I have to know what will happen to the two. Will they get their HEA with each other? Or will they find love elsewhere?

It took one document to bring his a** right back in town. I was glad Diane, his sister, made that initiative. Or else, he’d be regretting so much. Seeing his baby girl in the picture made him decide it was time to man up, face his responsibility, go home and become a father.



As for Paige – she was getting her life back on track. It was hard, but she was surrounded by a great support system, starting with her mother, her best friend and even Diane. She takes classes in the community college, and works part time at the restaurant. Despite her busy schedule, she makes sure she still has time for Bree. Her daughter was the best thing that ever came out of the earth-shattering heartbreak that Mitch caused.

And now, her ex-boyfriend, the one who left her when she was pregnant, came back into town and told her he was ready to become a father. She was sure she was over him, she even allowed herself to spend time ummm… studying with another hot opposite sex (which was very much supported by Erin). But one look, one touch had her quite scared that her sturdy-built walls might crumble.

He was here for her daughter, not for her, she was willing to let him into his daughter life. But him and her? They were history, she wasn’t going to let him inside her…. life once again. Or so she thought. But can she resist the man whom she once fell in love with?

I didn’t like Mitch at the Prequel, although I must admit, Paige has her own share of mistakes, but to leave your girlfriend when she’s pregnant with your child and accuse her of a lot of things. But here, Mitch will earn your forgiveness. He will make you fall in love again with him. He will give it his best shot to get back not just on Paige’s good graces, but the readers too. By the end of the book, you will be hopelessly in love with him, just like you did at the beginning of The Trap.

There were some shocking secrets that came to light in this novel. Yep – it was like an OMG moment right there. They will surprise you, one will make you grin like crazy and one will make your jaw drop. But it was a secret that made me look at Mitch in a different way.

This was worth the wait, but to be honest, I seem to love The Trap more than I did this. Don’t get me wrong, this was an awesome read as well. Beverley Kendall made sure her readers wouldn’t be disappointed, and I wasn’t. Reading Mitch & Paige’s journey towards their HEA, parenthood, and forgiveness was all worth the heartache The Trap left me. (Maybe because the prequel brought me to my knees, and I was indeed suffering from a messy heartache after reading it). She may have broken my heart in the Prequel, but she made sure she’d fix it up in Trapped.





     

Beverley discovered her love of books while growing up in, the then, small city of Barrie, Ontario Canada. With her love of books and romance, she always wished that everyone would find their happily ever after. She currently writes sexy historical, new adult, and contemporary romances.

As the mother of one too bright and mischievous young boy, she pulls full-time duty on all fronts. When she's not writing full-time, raising her son or running The Season review website, she's probably reading or daydreaming of a time when she'll have time for her favourite hobbies: knitting, crocheting and sewing.

Beverley has lived on two continents, in three countries, two provinces, and four states. She stopped her nomadic existence and settled in the southeast. All things artistic feed her creative passion, but none more than writing. Readers can visit her at: beverleykendall.com.






 photo signature_zps54068e08.png

No comments:

Post a Comment