10 June 2016

Book Review | Saving Liberty by Helena Newbury (@HelenaAuthor)


30306059



Emily is the President's daughter. Gorgeous but innocent...not the kind of woman who should get involved with me, an ex-Marine with a bad boy rep. But when a sniper opens fire, the need to protect her is stronger than anything I've ever felt. Suddenly, we're on the ground, my body covering hers. I save her life then walk away, sure that I'll never see her again.

But when a shaken Emily asks me to become her bodyguard, I can't turn her down. Now I have to wear a suit and call her ma'am when all I want to do is slam her up against the wall and tear her clothes off. Neither of us can resist...but I can't let her get close, not with what's lurking in my past. And the danger is far from over. The White House is under threat...and I'll do whatever it takes to protect the woman I've fallen for.

 photo add-to-goodreads-button3_zps6563a4df.png
Purchase Links:
Amazon Paperback: http://amzn.to/1VHFT7W
[Series Link: http://amzn.to/1Y37BfD]




“I’m fucking crazy for you. Every inch of you. Every scrap of you. Every atom of you. I’m not going to let anyone hurt you but right now I’m going to make you mine.”

Emily is the first daughter. She’s suffered from a trauma when a sniper opens fires on her. The only thing that made her felt safe was the ex-Marine who saved her and protected her from the event. Now, nightmares were haunting her, and she things the only one who can keep her safe was HIM.

Kian was an ex-Marine who had his own baggage. He has no intention to go back to his past, or be his bodyguard. But when she personally asked him, he had no choice but to say YES. Now, he was back to wearing suit and calls the girl who haunts his dreams: Ma’am.

The sexual chemistry between them was overwhelming, and I was wondering when it would blow up! The sense of anticipation when these two would get together is just like the action and suspense that I was experiencing with each and every page.

I enjoyed reading this book immensely. With the romance that reminds me of Chasing Liberty and First Daughter, combined with some jaw-dropping action, a whole-lot of chasing and some heart-stopping, unexpected twists and turns – makes Saving Liberty a worthwhile read.


I didn’t stop reading, and finished this book in one sitting. Who can possibly put this one down and miss out on all the fun and thrill? Certainly not me! Helena Newbury’s new novel had me totally hooked.

Rating: 4.5 Stars

Author Links: Website  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads  |  Pinterest
 photo ARC _zpszisq6ios.png

 photo signature_zps54068e08.png

No comments:

Post a Comment