13 April 2018

New Release + Book Review | Sever by Mary Elizabeth (@TeamSwella23)



31842150


Misery overstayed its welcome. 

But fate will not be so easily swayed.

Gabriella Mason and Teller Reddy have walked a thin line between affection and hostility for years. The intensity that once set them on fire has ended their engagement and separated them by more than just miles. 

Forced together by circumstances they never saw coming, Gabriella and Teller have no choice but to face the past that brought them together and ultimately severed them apart. 

Wrecked and Damaged have collided. 

This is what happens when they try to pick up the pieces.


“Tell me what this is.”

Covering my mouth with my hands to keep from crying out, I squeeze my eyes shut, spilling tears from my sad-soaked lashes. “I don’t know,” I whisper.
“I’ll tell you what it isn’t baby.” His voice is so close I feel his breath on the back of my neck. “This isn’t over.”
So far from over.

Image result for pull hair gif

I thought I’d eventually get tired of the Ella and Teller drama. Well, I did, but like drugs, the both of them are highly addictive, you’d want more, and you’d want to just shove the happy ending that both of them deserves.

I have read CLOSER, the first book in the series, and I was just glad that SEVER was handy, or else I’d have my wrist slit and my hairs out of my scalp because of frustration. LOL. Just like the first book, this was an emotional roller-coaster ride. It’s the real thing, with all those highs and lows, and bumps and all that. You’d get that twisty feeling in your heart when they’re on their low and that butterflies in your stomach when they get their business straight.

Some might not understand how do they work. At first, I didn’t either. I couldn’t understand myself how in the world can they work things out?! I had a love-hate relationship with the two. But they love each other, the emotions are real, you can feel the affection, the care - and you can feel that simmer of anger when it comes as well. But the love would still be there. Teller would always be there for Ella despite his white lies and his inability to listen to her (at times). And Ella can never leave him either. She’d shove him, and he’d shove back. It’s hard to love them sometimes really, but somewhere along the way, you’d just can’t help to just fall.

Kudos to their support system. They have a great bunch of friends who once in a while get tired of their drama, and yet never leaves them behind. They were always there for them and try to get some sense into them.

It’s not healthy, they know it, but at least they acknowledge it and are working on it. Get real, some relationships are dysfunctional. Some might let it slide, but some would fight for it and continue as work in progress like these two.

It’s a book that would make you ache, both in a good and bad way. Something that would make your heart and soul bleed, and soon you’d be that desperate for a happy ending. By the end of the book, I was emotionally drained, but at least the ending had me smiling, at long f****ng last.

Image result

  
“Tell me what this is.”

And without hesitation, he says, “This is everything.”


About Mary Elizabeth:
Mary Elizabeth is an up and coming author who finds words in chaos, writing stories about the skeletons hanging in your closets.

Mary was born and raised in Southern California. She is a wife, mother of four beautiful children, and dog tamer to one enthusiastic Pit Bull and a prissy Chihuahua. She’s a hairstylist by day but contemporary fiction, new adult author by night. Mary can often be found finger twirling her hair and chewing on a stick of licorice while writing and rewriting a sentence over and over until it’s perfect. She discovered her talent for tale-telling accidentally, but literature is in her chokehold. And she’s not letting go until every story is told.

Links:

 photo signature_zps54068e08.png
Follow me on: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram  |  Goodreads  |  Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment